SRAS can assist in the design and delivery of customized programming to meet your institution’s specific needs. Our consultants and on-site team members work directly with study abroad offices and faculty leaders to understand your unique objectives for your course or program abroad. Then, we tap our local resources to help you create an enriching, on-site, and affordable experience for your students.
Where SRAS Can Take You
Click a Location for More Info
The geopins mark SRAS "bases," where we have regularly used infrastructure and, in most cases, regular student programs and permanently-based SRAS staff. Click a location for more info.
SRAS can also support programs to any location marked in green.
For about SRAS locations and programs, see the video below.
Lead Your Students Abroad
Whether you are looking to create an embedded semester course component, a short-term summer experience, or even an entire semester abroad, SRAS can help you to:
- Enhance your course content through local, relevant, authentic cultural experiences;
- Give your students international experience;
- Create excitement about and visibility for your program on campus;
- Gain connections and professional development abroad for you and your co-leaders;
- Find innovative opportunities for cross-departmental collaboration by possibly co-developing and co-marketing your program with, for instance, your political science, history, environmental science, art, or literature departments on campus;
- Engage and connect with your alumni by offering them the ability to join your creative course or program abroad;
- Make your institution more competitive through global connections.
What SRAS Does
Whether you just need help with a few components of your existing program, or want to design something entirely new, SRAS will help you define and realize your vision.
We work with institutions, budgets, topics, formats, and durations of all shapes and sizes. We enjoy being creative and thinking of ways to make sure that your program can give the biggest, most memorable, and most impactful student experience that is reasonably possible within your budget and your institution’s guidelines.
SRAS can assist you with:
- Concept development and program design
- Budget development and management
- Logistics (visas, accommodation, transportation)
- Cooperation with local academic institutions
- Specialized lectures, seminars, roundtables
- Visits to local businesses or organizations
- Experiential cultural immersion activities and peer interactions
- Service learning projects
- Guided excursions
- Cultural performances
- Participant recruitment
- Insurance and risk management
- Pre-departure materials and onsite orientation
- On-ground support & translation
- Program evaluation
Your Next Steps
SRAS is excited to you be working with you and your unique program. Let’s start developing your program. Looking for inspiration? Take a look at these sample itineraries. Taking your students abroad is a great way to expand thier horizons and give them first-hand knowledge of your course material. Let’s start the journey together.
We had a great time overall. The students were super impressed with SRAS — the guides, the accommodations, the excursions, etc. The guides were super knowledgeable and kind–the only thing that would improve the tours is volume. They tend to speak quietly so a few people who can’t hear lose interest. But we loved the Hermitage art project and Novgorod, and the bunker, and going behind the fountains at Peterhof, and the boat to Peterhof… We loved everything!
Thanks again to (SRAS Assistant Director) Josh Wilson for being so helpful with getting us started! At our concluding discussion class yesterday I asked the students to write and then present five “Kliuchevykh slov” about their experience. Several of them wound up referencing Josh’s comments about trying to observe without judging, which he made during the Moscow Walking Tour. Thanks for helping me teach this course!
A long overdue thank you for the wonderful trip you and your staff planned for the Drew group in St. Petersburg. I have never had a trip where NOTHING went wrong. It was a terrific experience from start to finish, your staff was superb and St. Petersburg Economics University was a marvelous host. We enjoyed each and every lecture and guide, and the many fine added touches. I would love to do this again.
Renee, the work that you do is so far beyond any kind of formal service or trip planning in your vision, scope, and ability to think of absolutely everything and anticipate potential problems in advance. You clearly have a gift for this.
My Dear Renee, I am still in Kazakhstan but can report back we had a perfectly splendid time in Kyrgyzstan. The students and I want to collectively buy a little plot of land and a yurt or house in the village at the base of the mountains. They loved their families and I fell in love with Kenzhe, we want to include her in our documentary. I will be in touch over the next two weeks. Forever grateful to you.
The SRAS guides were excellent! They really knew their stuff and were able to relate the history of the places we visited in an interesting and inventive way. It was obvious they had a lot of experience working with American students.