SRAS Global Ambassador Program
The SRAS Global Ambassador Program is for SRAS alumni who are passionate about their study abroad experience and want to share their knowledge of SRAS programs and our region with other students. It is designed to both incentivize you and give great deal of freedom in how you connect with other students.
Encourage Others to Grow as You Have
The primary role of the SRAS Global Ambassador is outreach to students on your campus. This may take several forms.
- Assist SRAS with events on your campus. Work with us at a local study abroad fair, information session, classroom presentation, or information table.
- Host a group information session. This might be a presentation to the Russian Club/other campus clubs or Greek life on-campus. Or it might be in cooperation with your study abroad office. This information session will be about your time abroad and overall study abroad experience. SRAS will provide you with the materials needed for your session, including information request cards for you to forward to SRAS.
- Give a short presentation in Russian classes (the one you are in currently and/or others) about your experience abroad. SRAS will give you tips on important topics to cover, especially those that students like to hear directly from their peers.
- Have another idea? Let us know! We are always interested in new and creative ideas.
Why Be an SRAS Global Ambassador?
Students you speak with will have their application fees waived and you’ll earn a small commission (or larger scholarship!) for each student you recruit that goes on to study abroad with us. This is also another way to build your resume after your resume-building study abroad experience. Show that you can build relationships and professionally present information to others!
- Must have completed a SRAS study abroad program.
- Enrolled in North American college/university for upcoming academic year.
- In good academic standing at home institution as well as while you studied abroad with SRAS (no failed courses).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Let us know you are interested. We’ll release a short application form to your SRAS portal.
Make sure to check out our main alumni page for workshops, maintenance Russian courses, our guide to international careers, and much more! Thanks for keeping in touch!
We had a great time overall. The students were super impressed with SRAS — the guides, the accommodations, the excursions, etc. The guides were super knowledgeable and kind–the only thing that would improve the tours is volume. They tend to speak quietly so a few people who can’t hear lose interest. But we loved the Hermitage art project and Novgorod, and the bunker, and going behind the fountains at Peterhof, and the boat to Peterhof… We loved everything!
Associate Professor of RussianUniversity of Montana
My Dear Renee, I am still in Kazakhstan but can report back we had a perfectly splendid time in Kyrgyzstan. The students and I want to collectively buy a little plot of land and a yurt or house in the village at the base of the mountains. They loved their families and I fell in love with Kenzhe, we want to include her in our documentary. I will be in touch over the next two weeks. Forever grateful to you.
Professor of RussianBowdoin College
Thanks again to (SRAS Assistant Director) Josh Wilson for being so helpful with getting us started! At our concluding discussion class yesterday I asked the students to write and then present five “Kliuchevykh slov” about their experience. Several of them wound up referencing Josh’s comments about trying to observe without judging, which he made during the Moscow Walking Tour. Thanks for helping me teach this course!
Professor of Environmental StudiesBates College
The SRAS guides were excellent! They really knew their stuff and were able to relate the history of the places we visited in an interesting and inventive way. It was obvious they had a lot of experience working with American students.
Visiting Assistant ProfessorUnion College
Renee, the work that you do is so far beyond any kind of formal service or trip planning in your vision, scope, and ability to think of absolutely everything and anticipate potential problems in advance. You clearly have a gift for this.
Associate ProfessorConnecticut College
A long overdue thank you for the wonderful trip you and your staff planned for the Drew group in St. Petersburg. I have never had a trip where NOTHING went wrong. It was a terrific experience from start to finish, your staff was superb and St. Petersburg Economics University was a marvelous host. We enjoyed each and every lecture and guide, and the many fine added touches. I would love to do this again.
Professor of RussianDrew University