Site Visits for Study Abroad Professionals
I. Virtual Site Visits
SRAS virtual site visits can introduce you to the local host institution abroad, as well as showcase our instructors in action with students, and award a scholarship for students from your institution to study abroad with us. See this list of upcoming virtual site visits.
SRAS virtual site visits consist of four parts:
- Join our location briefing* for an introduction to SRAS, our host institution and colleagues overseas, and programming at that location. We will address not only study abroad but also faculty-led/custom programming in that location. Take a brief tour of the campus and meet our colleagues. If you have questions beyond what is covered in the briefing or have questions/concerns specific to your institution, faculty, and students, we are happy to meet with you individually as well.
- Take part in an SRAS Online course. (Contact us to see what is currently being offered from the location of interest.) These courses do not require background knowledge, are conducted live, and we encourage questions and interaction. In various ways, we build in “live” exploration of the host location, either directly into the course itself, or as virtual excursions before or after the lecture.
Earn a scholarship for your students. Upon completion of this site visit, you will earn a credit of $250 for any SRAS study abroad program that you can pass along to a student at your university, good for up to two years.
While we encourage live participation, we recognize that you may not be able to attend all lectures in a course. We will be recording them and will make them available to participants to watch on their own time. We only ask that Part I be done live.
*If you do not want to take part in the full SRAS Virtual Site Visit but would like to join the location briefing, contact us
II. Site Visits in Person
We would love to welcome you abroad! During a site visit, you can meet our local staff, join classes, tour the campus and host city, participate in some of our organized excursions and activities, and gain insight into the student experience with SRAS.
If you are a current or prospective affiliate, contact us! We can talk about what you’ll need to do abroad, what you’ll want to do abroad, and together start planning your trip!
III. Or, We Can Come To You!
We can come to your campus to take part in study abroad fairs and to present on our programs, locations, and organization. We’ll be glad to run an info session, visit your classroom, and/or meet with your administration – either in person or virtually. We look forward to hearing from you!
IV. Or, Let's Meet Halfway! 🙂
SRAS and its team are actively involved with organizations dedicated to the study of Eurasia. We also participate in conferences and other activities dedicated to promoting cultural ties and study abroad.
We regularly attend the following annual conferences/conventions – please contact us to arrange a meeting!
- AATSEEL – American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages
- ASEEES – Association for Slavic, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Forum – The Forum on Education Abroad
- NAFSA – Association of International Educators
We also occasionally participate in the following annual conferences:
Site Visits Made Easy and Fun!
SRAS looks forward to welcoming you abroad, to visiting your campus and students, and/or to meeting you someplace in the middle. We can’t wait to see how our organization can help your students meet their educational goals!
Just yesterday my student successfully defended her honors thesis on environmentalism around Lake Baikal, a project that would not have been possible without the fieldwork that she conducted on her SRAS study abroad program in Irkutsk. I hope to see more such projects in the future and will keep directing students to SRAS programs!
At Stetson, we’ve used SRAS to arrange all of our student study abroad trips for the past five or six years. During that time we’ve sent dozens of students on summer- and semester-long programs in Moscow, St Petersburg, Nizhny Novgorod and Irkutsk. In every interaction I’ve had with them, SRAS has been prompt, reliable, knowledgable, courteous and quick to lend a hand when needed.