The SRAS calendar has been a long-standing SRAS tradition. Each year, we have asked our students to send in the pictures that they believe best tell the story of their time abroad. We then assembled these pictures into an annual calendar with brief narratives from the student describing what they saw, what they learned, and how they changed because of their experiences abroad. The calendar is published and distributed for free to Russian departments in the US and Canada and to SRAS partners across the globe.
Unfortunately, our 2020 calendar is currently our most recent. The contest went on hiatus as COVID saw all programs go online.
We are now, however, ready to revive the tradition and are celebrating with our largest prizes ever, spread over two contests! Enter by October 1, 2023.
Contest 1: Enter to Win!
Five cash prizes will be awarded at random to eligible entrees.* Awardees will be able to chose between:
- A $100 Amazon gift certificate OR
- $150 in online lessons from SRAS OR
- $350 scholarship to be used to study abroad with SRAS**
Contest 2: Social Media Contest
The post with the most likes, comments, and shares (taken in total across both accounts) will receive either:
- A $150 Amazon gift certificate OR
- $200 in online lessons from SRAS OR
- $500 scholarship to be used to study abroad with SRAS**
The posts with the second and third most likes, comments, and shares (taken in total across both accounts) will receive either:
- A $50 Amazon gift certificate OR
- $75 in online lessons from SRAS OR
- $100 scholarship to be used to study abroad with SRAS**
How to Apply:
Contest Deadline: October 01, 2023
Submit your pictures
- Please indicate where the pictures were taken and, if there is a story behind them, let us know what that story is.
- Submit up to 10 pictures to Josh Wilson (SRAS Assistant Director) by email.
- Pictures should be submitted in the largest file size available (you may need to break up a submission into several emails)
- Pictures may be sent directly via email or via a link to an album or folder online.
- All pictures must be of a current SRAS study location or program travel destination. These include Latvia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Poland.
- All pictures must be your own.
*To be eligible, the entrant must have been on an SRAS program abroad, been a participant on an SRAS-supported Faculty Led Program, have used SRAS archival or research travel services, or be an applicant to an SRAS program and be contributing their own pictures from a current SRAS location that they have previously traveled to. Entrants will be considered for these prizes if chosen for publication on the SRAS calendar, trifold brochure, yearly calendar, or on the SRAS explorer app. Submissions may be edited or curated based on requirements for posting to social media sites.
**The scholarships may be used by the student at any time in the next two years for any regular SRAS program. It may also be given to any other student studying at the same institution (or alma mater) as the awardee or, if the Russian or other department at the institution agrees, to a department for later dispersal to a student to study on a regular SRAS study abroad program.
***Note that all finalist photos must be of publishable quality (at least over 200dpi). This generally means that the file will be fairly large. Such photos are often a megabyte or more. If your picture has already been used in an SRAS calendar, that picture is ineligible. However, feel free to submit any other photos you might have.