The Russian embassy in Washington DC has announced new rules for those applying for Russian visas who are under 21 years of age.
In addition to the regular materials and procedures, those under 21 will need to submit:
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of both parents’ passports (data pages)
– If one or both parents’ passports are not available, then any of the following that apply:
- Copy of the parent’s photo ID + explanation that parent does not have passport (letter from the relevant parent)
- A letter explaining that one/both parents are deceased
- Letter indicating that only one parent has full custody
- If you are under 21 and adopted:
- Submit proof of adoption
Again, these new requirements only affect those under 21. See our full information on applying for Russian visas on our Russian Visas 101 page.