Explore the thin line between reality and fiction in literature, film, and gaming. We will look at science fiction from the perspectives of sociology, security, and political science. We will consider science fiction as a predictor – and ponder upon futurology and foresight. Alongside a series of discussions and workshops, we will be working on essays for publication in a course anthology and exploring the new field of prototype/design fiction and micro science fiction prototyping (µSFP).
This new course is being offered as part of SRAS’ Security and Society Summer School, which is based in Warsaw, Poland with our partner, Collegium Civitas. The course will earn 6 ECTS (3 US Semester Credits).
Partial List of Course Topics:
- Bladerunner: AI and the Robot Revolution
- Star Trek: Interstellar Travel
- Elysium: Healthcare
- Metropolis: Cities of the Future
- Minority Report: Security
- The Time Machine: Time Travels
- Universal Soldier: Future Wars
- Brave New World: Utopia or Dystopia
Sign up for this course within the Security and Society Summer School, which will look at global issues from unique perspectives here.
You can download a flyer for the course here.